1-Waiting in line to see any monument.
Maybe you need to visit the The LOVE Statue, Rocky Statue, and Liberty Bell, but this is for all people too, so you can spend the time wasted waiting in another place.
2. Running up the Philadelphia Museum of Art steps without going inside.
Speaking of Rocky, if you’re going to make your way up the 72 steps to the foot of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, you’d better take advantage of the splendors inside the building.
3. Skipping Reading Terminal Market.
With dozens of merchants selling everything from roast pork sandwiches to crêpes, you’d be a fool not to check out this culinary haven in lieu of the nearby Hard Rock Cafe.
4. Not wearing walking shoes.
Philly is an extremely walkable city and is best enjoyed on foot (or on the back of an Indego bike share) — you can spot cute boutiques and watering holes that way. Strap into your modest footwear, people!
5. And while we’re on the topic: walking slow.
Similarly, walking more than two abreast on our narrow sidewalks. A major no-no for any city, but please mind the sidewalk!
6. Only trying the cheesesteaks from Pat’s and Geno’s.